Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Last night it was anounced to me that I was to do the days blog. I asked Ed to help me and he agreed to. Today we went to a orphanage outside of town. And set up a medical clinic, where we handed out vitamins, and many medical supplies.

I really enjoyed loving on the kids, and they loved to touch our hands. We went to several tent cities, and an orphanage, where we observed such poverty at each location. We also saw the hopeful smiles of little children, as we play and interact and serve them.










There is a look of hopelessness in the adults, when you look into their eyes, sometimes they will smile if you put your hand on them and smile at them. I think they appreciate these Americans have come to help.







As I looked over the group of orphan children this morning, I saw hopeful looks and joy to see us, to touch and chat with us. Although I don't understand half of what they say; I understand the heart of what they are saying. they are so open to love on us as we love on them. Many of us had little shadows that followed us as we served the children.
In the afternoon, we went back to the tent city. Things we consider so basic medical care, Provides such a relief to the Haitian community. things that we take for granted, they consider such a blessing. Just a hug or smile brightens their day.
Many times the best things I could do was touch the kids and adults. Hoping they felt the touch of Jesus, and His compassion towards them.
Ed and Coletta

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for you all being there. Love the pictures, it helps to see their reallity and then pray. You are all in our prayers, hug some for me.
    Blessings
    Jonie Smith

    ReplyDelete