Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Noel




We built this house for Noel, a widow that has her grandson living with her. Previously she had lived in a mud hut that had a a tin roof full of holes so she couldn't stay there when it rained. I used to see her every morning as she sold corn and spicy corn broth every morning on the bridge where I sit and talk to friends. She was always very friendly but not very talkative. One day I purchased some breakfast from her and from then we began to talk a bit more. I suppose when she saw that I would eat her cooking she warmed up to me a bit. Only after a few weeks of being better acquainted did she feel the freedom to share her situation and ask for help. This is very refreshing as normally people ask me for money before they even greet me.




I recently had an opportunity to share with Covenant Family Church in Omaha. They blessed us with a financial gift and we were able to use this money to build a dry safe and secure dwelling for Noel. As Noel and I continue as friends I learn from her quiet dignity and hope that I can treat her with the the same respect she has treated me. Thanks to all for your love and support. Please continue to give and pray as we work together to spread His love.
Brian

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,
    Sorry for not responding to your last blog. It must've gone up right after I checked the blog, and have been tied up since then with emails concerning Faye H.'s moving on to be with the Lord. Ken and Deb E. are back for a short stay to help Faye's kids; funeral in Ankeny on Fri. and graveside service in Omaha on Sat. Wow, the house for Noel looks great; what a blessing for her. Thank you Covenant Family for enabling this precious woman and grandson to have a "mansion" (for her...). It is encouraging to see help going to someone who is working so hard to make a living. Thank you Brian, for acknowledging her value! We continue praying for you....
    Blessings, love and hugs, Maralyn and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your interactions as you build homes. Awesome to see what we are doing.

    - A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houses look great brother keep it up. May God provide you all the resources and means to serve the precious people of Haiti.
    Waheed Alam
    Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete