Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We went to Ware?

About a month ago a series of powerful tornadoes tore through a corner of Iowa from Mapelton all the way up to a little town called Ware. (Insert Joke here) Ware Iowa is situated in some of the richest farm land I have ever seen. However with allot of disaster relief efforts going towards larger towns, The residents of ware were left feeling like now one cared. So God sent us.


Ware took a direct hit from an F4 tornado. Nearly all the homes were either destroyed or severely damaged. Besides vast amounts of debris scattered through out the town, there downed tree limbs everywhere. So in miserable wet and cold weather we went with our saws gloves and muscles and began the work of cleaning up the mess the tornadoes had left behind. In two days we sorted through tones of debris cleared acres of land of trash and tree limbs and cut more tree limbs than I can even remember.


For me this was a specially memorable trip, not just for the way that God used us and relationships forged but also because my Dad came with me for the first time along with my two older boys Isaac and Caleb. It blessed my heart to see them working their hears out to help people they did not even know the day before.


Our whole team performed phenomenally, I can't tell you what a honor it was to work with them all. They worked hard and worked will together and had good attitudes in spite of miserable weather conditions.


I can say with confidence, I don't think the residents or Ware feel forgotten anymore.

- Aaron

Me, my Dad, and my sons Isaac and Caleb

4 comments:

  1. It was a blessing to serve on such a caring team of people! Thank you Lord for a great opportunity to sreve you and others... It did me and my wife hearts good to be apart of a wonderful team.. ORR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aaron for all the work that you guys did last weekend. I'm sure you were a blessing to the community.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for coming!! :)
    Jay and Anne Dahlhauser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for going and heading up the ORR Team, Aaron. What a tremendous experience for the boys, and how great that your Dad was willing to join you. I'm sure the people of Ware felt very valued because of all of your help!
    Blessings, love and hugs, Maralyn (& Gary)

    ReplyDelete