Monday, April 27, 2009

Results?


We have been back in the states for almost two weeks. Life continues as it was, (outwardly speaking). This return feels different/foreign to me. We got back late on tuesday the 14th. I was back to work wednesday morning. No complaints. Although it has felt more strange than usual. Normalcy doesn't feel normal anymore. The first day we were in Haiti we went to visit the young mother whom we had built a house for. When we arrived the makeshift gate to her "yard" was closed as was the door to her new house. Three of her four children were sitting in the shade of the gate. I didn't think anything of it and asked the neighbors if they knew where she was. They told me she was out working or looking for work. I told them I would return later and asked them to let her know we had stopped by. After leaving the reality of her situation hit me again. The children are twins age 3 and baby age 2. The two year old was wearing a tattered dress and the twins were naked. They were sitting in the dirt waiting for thier mom to return.  I missed the gravity of the situation because i was focused on the tasks that were filling my mind. Passing over the opportunity  to sit with these children who were all smiles when I walked up. As i reflect, my preoccupation with accomplishment disgusts me. How is it that I say my passion is to love these and I walk past so I can "get something done". It is never supposed to be how much "ministry" I can quantify in american theological terms, but rather how I can love the hopeless. Please pray with/for us as we seek to honor Jesus amongst those we serve.

Brian  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brian,
    I love and appreciate your heart. You are a blessing to many. Thanks for your faithfulness to hear from God and love Him by loving others.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete