Saturday, April 11, 2009

This morning I woke feeling refreshed after all the hours of traveling it took to get here. Not the actual travel took hours but all the waiting took hours! We started this morning by going to Jubilee which is the neighborhood where we just recently built a house and where the feeding program is held. Brian and the guys went looking at the house and building relationships and such. Actually I feel I still don’t have a good sense of everything they did. Joan and I went with Emory and Mary on “house calls”. Emory told me last night there were several people who needed medical attention that he wanted me to see. So with about 4 different bags of medical supplies we started out. As time went by, what started as house calls turned into a tiny medical “clinic” held on the tailgate of Emory’s truck. I don’t know how long I worked there seeing person after person. I even try to remember back and count but can’t. All I know is that in the midst of sweat poring off of me and feeling like I was going to die of thirst Brian arrived saying we were going to leave after I was done with this person. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. In one way I was grateful because I had about reached my limits in the sun and heat. On the other hand, there were still people tugging on me to help them. How could I leave them? On one side of me there was a person so grateful and smiling that I had just helped them and standing on the other side of me was a person tugging on me and begging me to look at this, help with that. I am still struggling with the fact that I had to walk away from there knowing that I didn’t even make a dent in the amount of help these people need. It was heartbreaking, frustrating, and yet sweet with the love of Jesus all at once. I find myself truly smiling in the midst of trying to hold back tears and that it an emotion that is hard to reconcile within myself.

- Cody

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY! May you be strengthened spirit, soul and body as you take Him and his resurrection power with you throughout the day. I can't imagine the emotional strain of doing all you can to help and at the same time knowing the needs are unending; but you are touching one life at a time. We had the privilege of praying for Dale (& Jill) this morning at Waypoint. That man is one fireball for Jesus. He gave a great testimony before we prayed. To God be the glory; here and there!! Love & hugs, Maralyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cody, Brian, Aaron, Joan, Ken and Waheed,
    Thanks, Cody for sharing your heart, and the frustrations we all feel as we are trying to help those in so much need. Praise the Lord, it is HIM that puts within us the desire to help, and then only HIM that gives us that opportunity. May the Lord truly expand everything that you are given to do, and expand your ability to do it. Please give everyone on the team a big hug from me, and also a special hug for Emery and Mary. Tell them I wish I was there with you guys. Rejoice this day in the Resurrection Love and Power of Jesus.
    Love you guys,
    Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blogs, it easily takes me there with you. God keep you all. May you know His strength. Praying for a cool breeze for you.
    Love
    Mom/Jonie

    ReplyDelete