Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Headed South


We are now in Ft. Lauderdale where it is an "acceptable" 74 degrees, no precipitation and a cool breeze, which is good because I almost began to sweat when we walked to dinner.


We were scheduled to fly out at 3:45 pm but decided to try and beat the weather and bumped up our departure to 6 am. From what I hear it was probably a good decision. We head into Haiti tomorrow morning about 8:30. We will spend a day in Port au Prince waiting for Kim to arrive and head for Gonaives on Thursday morning. We are ecited to work with Kim again helping with her tracking of children's health in Jubilee. We will also look into helping some more families in need of housing and other assistance. I couldn't think of a better place to be during the Christmas season. Thank you for all of your support. Please continue to check the blog as we intend to update daily, (internet connection notwithstanding).

Brian


p.s. Please be praying for Kenny G. he believes he is suffering from some food poisoning he still feels a little weak but is steadily improving.

2 comments:

  1. Praying that you all accomplish what God has ordained you to accomplish. In about two hours. I will also be out of the county traveling to to Casablanca Morocco. Say Hi to Emory & Mary & Kim for me.
    Regards & God Bless
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian for you leadership and love for the People of Haiti.
    Hug some kids for me, and give Kim my love.
    Your in my prayers.
    xo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete