Tuesday, February 17, 2009

feeding program Haiti




Dear friends & family,


Thanks for praying. We do feel your prayers. This is my first trip to Haiti. I did'nt know what to expect. I know now why they call this county one of the poorest county in the world. Today something happen that broke my heart. In addition to having the medical clinic each day we help the missionaries with their daily feeding program. Today about 200 hundred children showed up to eat. I helped with the dishing up of the food. When it came time to feed the children they lined up & we gave each child a plate full of rice. I noticed that there were more children in line than the number of the plates of food dished up. The sad thing is that over 30 children had to be turned away because they ran out of food today. This happens from time to time they say but why did the Lord allow me to witness this first hand? I hope their will be enough tomorrow.




Rich DelSenno

No comments:

Post a Comment