Friday, February 5, 2010

Carolyn

Kris and Carolyn lovin' on the babies in an orphanage.
Carolyn and Woobens(our sweet interpreter) walking to one of the medical clinics
This has been one of the best weeks of my life. I came here thinking everyone would be sad and gloomy, but I found almost everyone with smiles and laughter. The children sing and play and have brought joy to my life. I have been so blessed to come here and meet these people. Yes, there are hard things to see and yes, I want to cry every day. But there is a resolve these people have that I have never seen before. They are already rebuilding and doing the best they can with what they have. I hope to come back soon. Until then, all the people will be in my heart and in my prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. The blessings of caring and love you give do come back to you in many ways. I enjoy following the blogs each day & the great pictures. It brings what you are doing and experiencing to reality a little bit. Say Hi to Todd and prayers for a safe trip back to Omaha. You will have so much to share with us. Much love, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing... thanks for the work your team is doing in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all have done a fantastic job in serving. Thanks so much for going, giving, grieving, and sharing His heart of love. WELCOME HOME to those of you returning today. We will continue praying for you as you transition back into life in Omaha. We know you come back changed and face adjustments as you return to work here. Team #2 got off on time this morning, so are on their way. Big hugs to you, Brian, as you remain and continue serving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for doing all that you do. I wish I could be there but they wont take LVN's. Take care of Liz D. I work with her.. .
    Joy Ferguson

    ReplyDelete