Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TODAY WE DID A MEDICAL CLINIC IN THIS AREA

The goats are eating the garbage , this is right adjacent to the Haitian tent city
where we held this medical clinic.Here's a picture of Dave taking care of patient. We had three other stations set up.

Norma Jean doing what she loves best : ministering to the hurting.


There was a constant line that never seemed to end. I feel we could have been there for eight solid hours and never had gotten finished. We promised them we are coming back tomorrow. The area we picked to go today, only a few blocks from were are staying, could be duplicated 20,000 times around the city. I would estimate we helped 150 to 200 people in a tent city of 1000. Only two cases had to be evacuated to the hospital. The little childen seemed to have the greatest needs. Please continue pray for them. Some who had gotten hurt at the time of the earthquake, were seen by us for the first time. Many had illnesses from sleeping out doors and lack of food and clean water. We feel it a great privilege to minister to them in Jesus' name. Regards
Rich DelSenno

5 comments:

  1. God's blessings! KNow that we are watching your blogs and praying daily for you and those you are serving. May God continue to send teams of helpers to take their turns providing medical care and compassion to those devastated.
    Ingrid's church family - Norma and the prayer team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know you are in my prayers. Being able to see the pictures and your comments daily makes it more personal to pray for specifics. Blessings to you!!
    Be Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up the good work and may God continue to shine on you all. we are praying for you'll safe return.

    ps - hello dr isaacson from your friends at CFM

    tina/omaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is sure flying bye. The attitude of the Haitian people melts my heart. They are so glad to see us and love talking w/ us. My creole is like my english, terrible. Laughing I'm teaching them my broken / slang lingo. Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee coming to NY. As mentioned in all the above blogs, we are doing a great job of getting out to the communities to help. My tan is going well, heard its 70 back in Omaha.
    Yeager

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing you are! I have to agree that the daily pics and updates help me to know how to pray for each of you and the Haitians and their needs. We continue to pray for the safety and protection of each of you team members and God's heart as you minister to them. (there's a question I have though, 70 degrees in Omaha??? Let me know where!). In Christ, Karin/Omaha

    ReplyDelete