Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don’t forget Haiti

We are almost to end of our Haiti trip and thankful to Allah (God) for given us the chance to serve the Haitian in this hour of need and suffering.
As you all know that I have gone through the same experience of deadly earthquake in 2005 and then I saw the relief and rehabilitation effort to help out the disaster area.
I am surprise to see that the relief effort done by the international community in response of Pakistan 2005 earthquake is much greater then I have seen here in Haiti earthquake response in almost some period of time. And when I compare the destruction ratio of Haiti earthquake and Pakistan earthquake I found Haiti earthquake is three times worse than Pakistan’s earthquake like 80 thousands died in Pakistan and more than 230 thousands died in Haiti.
So isn’t this surprising and sad that to all of us that why there are less efforts to help out the Haiti from this disaster. I request all of you for praying and do your best to help the Haiti and its people.
I am also grateful to all who prayed for me and supported me for this trip.
Waheed Alam

4 comments:

  1. Thank You Waheed for sharing your love and understanding with these dear ones. You came a long way to help.
    God Bless you
    Love,
    Mom/Jonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Waheed

    Thanks you for the good information you gave on your blog. It was good to see your face. Because I was in Pakistan after the earthquake there, I can say the same things you have said. It is very sad to me to see the international community so dysfunctional. I guess it gives us the opportunity to help many people. God has a plan for us in spite of what they do.
    I also think it was partially because the Pakistani army was so helpful. If the U.S. Army would come there in force I think it would help. The United Nations does not know how to handle these things.

    I love you and look forward to seeing you on Thursday. I will be praying about your reentry into the United States. I sent an e-mail to some people I know on the government to see if they can get information to immigration. But God will help you get in to the United States smoothly.

    Blessings
    Ken Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waheed
    Thank you so much for coming so far to help so many people,The haiti people will be blessed because of your help and the lord will be honored. We love you brother and it has blessed my life to know you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waheed, it was great being able to serve along side you in Haiti. I am honored to be counted among your many friends.

    ReplyDelete